movie quote of the week

Stu: Oh my God, I can't believe I gave away my grandmother's Holocaust ring to a complete stranger.
Alan: I didn't even know they gave out rings during the Holocaust!
The Hangover

Thursday, April 3, 2008

happy almost birthday to me

extra well-done cheeseburger with some quite stupendous fries - I mean S T U P E N D O U S F R I E S

the very concept of Satan clapping while sinful folk are fornicating

gooey chocolate pie-cake-mousse dessert supporting a flickering-flamed candle

my dearest friends - with all that they are and all that they are not - providing me with tidbits of gossip, assuring my glass is always more than half full, supplying their usual cachinnation, delivering - generously, if not graciously - tales to tell

welcoming arms to wrap around my words as I share what I know - piece-mealing additional memories as they come to me

that pinch of time when my husband and I occupy the same space on life's continuum

incredible words that are uttered at just the right time, reminding me that maybe I did a not too bad job

No comments: